Revista Zona Libre
¡JUNTOS SOMOS MÁS!
Diane Rodríguez Zambrano
|Dianne Rodríguez Zambrano, 29 años, se define como “trans femenina”. Activista y presidenta de Fundación Silueta X, entidad que vela por los derechos y el bienestar de la comunidad.|
A veces al parar un taxi, escuchan mi voz y arrancan sin decirme nada… a todo esto estoy acostumbrada, pero algo que no voy a permitir y no me voy acostumbrar es a que la iglesia se entrometa en mis decisiones.
– Una identificación política, una curul en la asamblea, una candidatura gay son metas estimadas en la GLBT?
– Qué porcentaje de gays que permanecen en el closet estimas que aún existen?
Zona libre Magazine
WE ARE TOGETHER AGAIN!
Diane Rodriguez Zambrano
Dianne Rodriguez Zambrano, 29, is defined as “trans women”. Activist and president of Silueta X Foundation, an organization that protects the rights and welfare of the community.
– There is fear of sexual repression, internalized homophobia experienced by young people who have grown up in a macho culture, patriarchal and heterosexist?
-Of course there are, unfortunately this is a process that is taking place from generation to generation, our parents pass on this information the system and obviously we absorb it until there is a cyclical moment where perhaps through new policies and laws that may develop in other areas where the Ecuadorian context may change, as well as not, for example we now have a constitution guarantees, are human rights, is gender identity, which is not recognized even in Argentina, but if we realize the Ecuadorian context in relation to Argentina, Ecuador’s has many more rights enshrined in the constitution, but in Argentina are many more advanced in human rights in relation to sexual diversity, which does not happen here in Ecuador handled based on laws or alternate small, we have a constitution in the supreme law but is not applied to the institutions, education, employment, health, or anywhere where the common citizen is involved. People may say no, it’s your perception, but not, the reality is different, to give you an example: Tanya, a friend of mine of 23 years who for many years I have been insisting to resume his studies, and I did not but now he decided to pick them up going to college and the president tells him that if he wants to study should be dressed as a man … We were just told me to put the legal complaint. Now she is studying but unfortunately have to report, so things are handled, what happened to her is what all people suffer sexual diversity. If I pass the same, if I received a similar rejection would not return more … is more, my dreams of studying the abandonment.
The same goes for health, employment and other areas, while this law is up there but I see no landing and flying down here things are going to continue the same. There are many depressing things that happen every day.
The church, which the church has to speak in relation to sexual diversity? … is absurd if we have a secular constitution, a secular state and the culture we are not Muslim, nor with the Islamic religion … of course, respect the beliefs and I respect the Jehovah’s Witnesses, Catholics, evangelicals, but it may be possible following a religious belief I will force others to think like I think. For example, among Jehovah’s Witnesses, blood transfusions are not allowed but if that was my religion and believe anything is perfect, but I would have no right to invade the rights of another person who does not think so. Unquestionably there is fear because we are influenced by the system, by the church, by our parents, which obviously as you get older that fear can become homophobia, transphobia or a.
– Who are you, you could define yourself?
I consider myself a feisty, demanding with myself and people around me. And I am also demanding Ecuadorian responsible for establishing the laws and the scope of these laws and do not give rise to each one do what he pleases.
In 2008 after the constitution included gender identity I went to exercise that right, I went to the registry office to which I change the names of male to female and I said no … same thing is happening now with a companion. So I put a legal complaint.
Now anyone who feels women being born a man, can go normally require change, today we are doing the same with sex change, but is more complicated.
I’m transsexual and I will not have the reasignarme sexually and $ 16,000 for the operation that requires me to the Civil Registry. It is unusual because it asks me to change my ID I have a doctor’s certificate that says I’ve been sexually reassigned which is ridiculous because here in Ecuador no “trans” has the money. If I have the $ 16,000 and I operated but what about the sisters who do not have that money, are subject to the state of the money the state is requiring us through the Civil Registry … what is more than absurd.
I need to be taken into account as a woman, as my boyfriend works at a company for 3 years and I can not access benefits because I’m not legally married to him. People get confused and opposed because they think we want to get married and go to church, people are so identified with the church that relates to the legal beliefs and think that our marriages will be by the church … in fact they are totally misplaced. What we want is the legal recognition that we are married and recognize the rights that entails.
I define myself as a woman, socially I’m a woman and I need to recognize as such, I take to have children but I can not because the state will not let me, having so many children suffer psychologically in different orphanages, children who are homeless and we can not access the adoption can offer you all the love needed to that creature. Study Psychology, I prepare to educate them well, but that does not take into account people and their prejudices believe that if a trans him up, he goes to gay, perhaps my parents are gay? … or in my home are gay … It’s absurd, illogical since they have no valid scientific argument to ensure that stupidity.
– Have you thought about writing your story?
– Yes, but really I have no time.
– In what ways do you live the rejection of a certain part of society?
– I’m used to some extent, even if you do not think you live every day discrimination when I go shopping people stare me from head to toe I’m trying to identify, fixed in my breast surgery, and then my crotch see if they see a bump and finally concluded that I am not a woman. People are so hypocritical that you are caught in Ecuador and crucify you in seconds … I’m used Sometimes to hail a cab, hear my voice and tear without telling me … I’m used to all this, but something that I will not allow and I will not get used to is that the church meddle in my decisions.
Once approved the laws do not allow anyone in any place will not let me in, I have to allow for I am part of this society …
– I represented any problem accepting your sexuality or share with someone?
– Initially yes, and so we all obviously because the system says you should not be so, you’re a man and a man you have to like women, that creates a conflict you depressed.
– How to change your life when you accept independizas be who you really are?
– When I was 16 my family lived in horrible situations, they threw me out of the house, I was out for a month in which I was forced to do sex work to support me, I admire the mates they do because it’s tough, then my Mom found me and rejoined the household, under certain conditions as not to change, if you want to you can be gay, but you dress like a man and everything else on the sly, that society, neighbor or anyone knowing. I went through four religions, that’s why I’m sick of religion and I do not know anything, do not need anyone to tell me how come and what I have to believe.
To 21 or 22 years I happy with my family, church and society … and then I said ENOUGH! and picked up and started to hormonar, kicked me out of the company and then went to a hotel, where he threw me and I put a legal complaint of discrimination, where I got nothing … so I went solo, I met my boyfriend and I live with him for 4 years now.
– You know stories of friends who have been worse than you?
– Sure … I have friends that definitely bounce house, and can not return engaged in sex work, drug addicts and are made for that kind of life is that they have an STD or HIV. There are cases … and terrible cases.
– Infidelity and casual, short-lived, are common among gay?
– Sure, gay, trans … precisely because of system instability because if the system is taunting me that I can not have a stable relationship unconsciously educates me that the construction of family is mom, dad and as I am “Dad, Dad “from now accept that my relationship is not going to be successful and unconsciously prejuiciando and I’m not going to put effort into maintaining my relationship …
A friend spent 5 years waiting for your partner being faithful come from Spain, because he was doing the paperwork to collect but could not … Currently he is in Chile, are 7 years apart but they are really good, as the distance is still love.
– There are spaces for GLBT know the culture?
– No cultural spaces at least here in Guayaquil, Quito are more educated than us. Here in Guayaquil we attract more parties that culture.
– A political identification, a seat in the assembly, a candidate is gay goals estimated in the GLBT?
The group aims to GLBT in Ecuador that we have a Minister who is a lesbian but not sufficient, we believe that it is marginalized and somewhat alone, believe us because we met with many groups in which she could do much more from where it is, but we do not want to understand the society that it is dedicated to lesbian sexual diversity work but to be a little more diversified if it the label, many of the people of diversity should aspire to come to power, I aspire to reach the Assembly, without lying and without anything, the political movements which have approached me I said from the front, I come here to military being put in an application, front bluntly am not like other people they manage very well to achieve their aspirations .. If I put in an application where I’m going to win and believe me I’ll give it my best.
– Some media have been used to spread the reality and the national gay thought, such as documentary films such as lectures, conferences, theater … why?
– Because here in Guayaquil unfortunately people do not appreciate the films made by authors such as in Quito Ecuador, where I understand that documentaries are made and passed and people attending
Here at the MACC where they can get about 150 people, just get about 50.
– Organizing has the goal of just knowing how many there are or there is more ambitious (in a good sense of the word) social and economic?
– We hope to have the same right as all, do not ask for extra rights, the right to have a family and that the state recognizes as a citizen I’m asking you to stop and study people with gender identity, to work with dignity . We do not aspire to a city of GLBT, rather aspire to be part of society and of the target group in which we are not allowed to join.
– What percentage of gays who remain in the closet estimates that still exist?
– Some people see television every day that are of sexual diversity, both lesbian women and gay men, is incredibly large.
The INEC is considering making a study of GLBT working with civil society organizations, I think in June we were invited to the Ramada Hotel and we raised the proposal, they want to do a statistical study of what is gender diversity … I am delighted because I think it would be the first country to make a statewide study.
The INEC through Byron Villacis who invited us and told us we hope to make it a reality because there is nothing, at least here in Ecuador we know nothing about this.
Internationally say that for every 10 people 3 are sexual diversity worldwide, which is certainly a very high amount.
– Have faith in the future without segregation?
– Of course, it is more, we are still fighting for the descent, and I include myself because my boyfriend is African descent and for example we were delighted when we go to the bank where a teller who is African lady working there in customer service because there are not only white with green eyes or contact lenses.
– A message to the heterosexual population of the country that apparently the majority and have political power today?
– Nothing is eternal in the world, the woman who at this time unable to work would remain the domestic slave of a man … as there are still cases but now women can vote yes, you can use your rights, you can study, work, can be independent and no longer has to live in the ribs of a man can change things because they are most . We need to understand it or they will take another 2000 years as the male will ballast.
By: Martha MBA Chuya